We stock a huge selection of all kinds of paper in sheets and pads: Arches in sheets and pads, Art Spectrum’s Colourfix in pots and sheets as well as the Draw & Wash range of pads, Bockingford (Saunders) in sheets, Canson‘s Acrylic sketch paper in pads, Blotting paper in sheets, Canvas sketch paper in pads and sheets, Cartridge paper (White & Black) in sheets and pads, Mi-Teintes in sheets, Mi-TeintesTEX in sheets, Mixed media paper in sheets, Opalux Tracing Paper in rolls and sheets, Watercolour Canson/Montval paper, Fabriano‘s Academia and Artistico in sheets, Hahnemuhle in sheets, Fredrix‘s Watercolour canvas, Lana in sheets, Rives in sheets, Saunders Bockingford in sheets, Stonehenge in sheets, Sennelier‘s Pastel Card Pad and Oil Pastel pad and endless SPECIALITY PAPERS in sheets: Acetate, Butcher’s paper, Glassine, Tissue pape, Transfer paper or Yupo.. to name a few!
Obviously, we also have a large selection of drawing and watercolour sketching albums and diaries… from the student economy range of visual diaries to the better paper ones with lovely binding (great for art journaling!) from Daley Rowney, Derwent, Hannemuhle or Sennelier.
Finally we also stock lots and lots of beautiful Indian, Chinese, Nepalese, Japanese papers: Abaca, Kozo, Lokta in natural, lace, striped, metallic or with mango, banana or tamarino leaf incrustations… come and check them out but WARNING YOU… you’ll want them all!
- ARCHES : A unique, manual gelatine-sizing process and painstaking manufacture make Arches watercolour paper the reference paper among artists and the world leader in 100% cotton watercolour papers.
The Arches paper is greatly appreciated by watercolourists for its special qualities – stability, colour rendition, resistance to tearing and fluffing. The traditional production process on a round cylinder gives the item a varied, harmonious texture: cloth, fine, or satiny. Surface sized ‘inside’ and dry on the surface, the colours are rendered beautifully even after scratching and gumming. Its natural dye and antifungal protection ensures its excellent permanence. May be used on offset typography. Identification: Arches® France distinctive watermark and dry stamped. Recommended for watercolour wash** / watercolor painting** / gouache** / acrylic** / China ink** / colour inks** / charcoal* / water felt* / pastel art crayon* / sanguine crayon* / drawing crayon* / lithography* / screen printing*
(** : Highly recommended * : Possible use)
55 x 75cm sheets available in Smooth (hot pressed), Medium (cold pressed) and Rough in 185g/m², 300g/m² and 640g/m²
55 x 75cm sheets available in Medium (cold pressed) and Rough sheets in 850g/m²
55 x 75cm boards available in Smooth (hot pressed), Medium (cold pressed) and Rough in 185g/m² (that the paper but of course it’s much heavier with the cardboard backing… a good way to buy cheaper a heavy paper)
101.6 x 152.4cm sheets available in Rough 640g/m²
Postcard pack of 10 cards 10.5 x 15.5cm available in Smooth (hot pressed) 185g/m²
- Art Spectrum Colourfix primer is a fine tooth, quick drying acrylic primer which bonds agressively to practically any clean, dry surface – all types of papers (300 gsm or heavier recommended), canvas, card, ply, plastic, glass, timber, ceramic and metal. This primer can be applied with brushes, sponges, rollers etc. straight from the pot. 20 colours are available, including Natural (Clear) in 250ml pots, Black, White and Clear also in 1 Lt tubs
- Colourfix also comes ready made, printed on 340gsm hot press watercolour paper. This prepared paper is a superb substrate for acrylics, inks, silverpoint, oil pastels, gouache, watercolours and dry media such as soft pastels, charcoal and pencils. The surface will hold multiple layers of pastel without the need for fixative, allowing the velvet bloom and vibrant colour of pastel to be preserved. Erasing is also easy – simply lift off excess pastel with clear adhesive tape, brush off with a dampened or dry brush, or use a pencil eraser. Alternatively, errors can be overpainted or areas touched up with the matching colour of Art Spectrum Colourfix™ Primer. The tough, toothy surface can be sanded, scrubbed, soaked and reworked over and over. Colourfix Papers are available in three sizes: 20 colours in 340g/m2 in 24 x 32cm / 9 x 12” / 20 colours in 340g/m2 in 50 x 70cm / 20 x 28” / 7 colours in 340g/m2 in 70 x 100cm / 28 x 40 (Blue Haze, Elephant, Rose Grey, Sand, Soft Umber, White, Deep Black)
- New Colourfix™ Supertooth (Museum Quality) For those who want an even toothier paper, without the gritty feel, 500gsm Archival Museum Grade base paper, ‘Natural White’ colour (Clear primer). The Supertooth Primer in also available in 250ml pots Natural White 500g/m2 70 x 100cm / 28 x 40”
- Draw & Wash are a series of very good value pads that offer two different feels: textured and smooth. They are available in 133 x 190mm / 170 x 235mm / 230 x 320mm / 340 x 475mm
- Bockingford (Saunders) This watercolour paper has its fans… available in 56 x 76cm sheets in 300 g/m², $425 g/m² and 585 g/m²
- Acrylic sketch paper Ready-to-use traditional inen canvas textured paper for practice sketches or finished paintings specifically in acrylic Available in A3 and A2 pads
- Blotting paper High quality blotting paper 250g/m² available in 50 x 65 sheets
- Canvas sketch paper Ready-to-use traditional linen canvas textured paper for practice sketches or finished paintings in acrylic or oil Available in 290g/m² pads in A5, A4, A3 and A2 as well as in sheets: 290g/m² 61 x 86cm
- Cartridge paper Fine tooth paper with a good erasability. Perfect for finished drawings in pen, pencil, marker, charcoal and pastel. Sheets White 110g/m² A2: 42 x 59.4cm and A1: 59.4 x 84.1cm / Sheets Black 140g/m² A3: 29.7 x 42cm/ Pads: White available in 110g/m² & 220g/m² and in A4, A3 and A2 sizes (50 sheets)/ Pads: Black available in 140g/m² in A4 and A3 size (30 sheets)
- Mi-Teintes multi purpose papers have incredible lightfast colors and rough texture (55% coton) making this the perfect acid free foundation for pastel, pencil, gouache, charcoal, etc 50 colours 160g/m² 55 x 75cm
- Mi-TeintesTEX Ready made extra fine tooth papers printed on 355gsm hot press watercolour paper in 20 beautiful mi-teintes colours. This prepared paper is a superb substrate for acrylics, inks, silverpoint, oil pastels, gouache, watercolours and dry media such as soft pastels, charcoal and pencils. (cf above as this is the direct competition to the Colourfix range.) 20 colours in 355g/m² available in A3+ sheets and 20 colours in 65 x 75 sheets
- Mixed media paper in sheets: 300g/m² 61 x 86cm
- Tracing Paper from the inventors! Available in rolls and sheets, Opalux is a heavyweight, acid free paper with an extra smooth finish. It’s perfect for drawing, pen, ink and fibre tips. Available in 95g/m² and 115g/m² in 1.10 x 20m roll as well as 180g/m² sheets in A4 and A1
- Watercolour Canson/Montval paper in 300 g/m² HP available in A3 and in 185 g/m², 270 g/m² and 300 g/m² 55 x 75 sheets
- Fabriano :
- Academia: Originally made for Daler sketch-books, the Academia paper is acid-free and wood-free in white, with a light drawing tooth. The paper hence is good for all drawing and pastel work, proofing, etching, lithography and silk screen. White 200g 70×100
- Artistico: is a popular, warm white, “mould made” 100% rag watercolour paper, Available in in sheets: 56 x 76cm, in Medium (cold pressed) and Rough 300g/m² and 640g/m²
- Hahnemuhle : from Germany – renowned for their sensitive qualities – perfect for aquatints, difficult mezzotints, etching and retroussage drypoints. The heavier papers can be used for collagraphs and embossing. 100% alpha cellulose which is acid-free fibre of vegetable origin. Textured. Available in Off White, 230 gsm and 300 gsm in 78 x 106 cm and in Warm White, 300 gsm, 80.5 x 120 cm
- Fredrix Watercolour canvas available in a 147.3cm x 2.74m roll
- Lana : This small independent old French mill produces excellent papers at reasonable prices. The Bristol we stock is a good strength paper which allows erasure and sanding. As it has no ink absorption, it will actually give a gloss to all inks when used. Lana Bristol Smooth Card 250gsm, hot pressed 50 x 65
- Rives A very good value white drawing paper with medium tooth 101 x 72cm 300 g/m²
- Saunders Bockingford This watercolour paper has its fans… available in 56 x 76cm sheets in 300 g/m², $425 g/m² and 585 g/m²
- Stonehenge This lovely smooth 100% cotton paper is slightly mottled to resemble vellum. Suitable for watercolour, printmaking, pen and ink, pencil or pastel. Each sheet has two deckle edges and 2 straight.
Available in 559 x 762mm in 245 g/m² in 7 colors (black, cream, fawn, grey, white, natural and warm white) in 762 x 1118mm in 245 g/m² in 3 colours (grey, warm white and white) and in 320g/m² in white only
- Pastel Card Pad for soft pastel. charcoal and pencil 6 shades x 12 sheets 30 x 40 360grs. This card is pH neutral and has a specially formulated coloured coating containing cork powder, so finished work does not require fixative.
- Oil Pastel pad 12 acid free sheets 340gr 30 x 40
- Drawing and gouache sketching albums 125g/m² and 200g/m² paper
- Waterford (Saunders) This watercolour paper has its fans… available in 56 x 76cm sheets in in 300gsm
Acetate in A4, A3, A2 and roll
Butcher’s paper: 60 x 90
Glassine: 50 x 75
Mulberry paper: Handmade white 65gsm – 64x94cm
Newsprint: High quality butcher’s paper 80gsm – 1mx76cm
Tissue paper: Acid-free 75 x 55
Transfer paper Saral Graphite or White 8.5” x 12” (A4+)
Yupo: Synthetic paper 100gsm 650 x 910
and lots and lots of beautiful Indian, Chinese, Nepalese, Japanese papers: Abaca, Kozo, Lokta in natural, lace, striped, metallic or with mango, banana or tamarino leaf incrustations… you’ll want them all!