Are you looking for an art class? Still @ the centre is happy to recommend these local art schools:
For those looking to open their practice to a variety of teachers, we can warmly recommend
– the Byron School of Arts which delivers a three year in-depth training as well as offers shorter classes in a variety of media (click here to go to their website)
– the Adult Community Education offered by the Byron community college has a variety of teachers in watercolour, acrylics… and a host of crafty activities (click here for more info)
For those looking for a life drawing class, we can warmly recommend
– The Dynamic Drawing classes in Byron and Mullumbimby… these are quite unique (maybe not for everyone) but all those that dare they seem to really enjoy it! More info on their website: https://www.dynamicdrawing.com.au/
– The Drop-in life drawing in Byron’s industrial estate: https://www.facebook.com/dropinlifedrawing/
– The Life Drawing classes @ the BSA given by teacher Michelle Dawson: https://byronschoolofart.com/michelle-dawson-i-life-drawing
– Life Drawing in Mullumbimby with Sam Sosnowski, call 0411 725 500 for more info
For those wanting a specific class we are also sure you will enjoy some of these wonderful teachers who have a private practice:
Art classes and workshops with Christine Read
Christine Read has a studio set in a picturesque rural area close to the village of Lennox Head and in easy reach of Byron Bay, Mullumbimby, Ballina and the Tweed Valley. She also teaches at the Lennox Arts Collective and takes groups of painters to France each year.
Christine works in acrylics, oils, pencil and also enjoys the old craft of hand silk screen printing. For more information about her classes, please click here
- Dominique Sutton is a wonderful teacher and mentor offering painting classes and other activities in her beautiful studio in the hinterland. For more info on her workshops, classes and art retreats in her Atelier please go to dominiquesutton.com
PS… just a few more words about the other side of our lives, i.e. the arts’ residency in Provence we have just taken over! Its nestled in the middle of olive groves in the heart of Van Gogh’s dramatic and beautiful landscape, near Arles. This little haven offers simple but pleasant lodgings and a studio space for all artists to retreat and mature projects in. It is our dream to build over the years a bridge between France and Australia for artists of all ilk: writers, painters, sculptors…. maybe even musicians and dancers! If you might have an interest (could become yours for a little as three weeks and as long as three months), please proceed to the Ateliers Fourwinds’ website.