We like our markers here and have quite a few texta artists in the area too… we stock lots of sets of liners, calligraphy pens, colour markers, Sharpies, gel pens, etc. and some ranges too because we think they all answer a different need!!
Copic : Permanent pigment ink Fineliners and refillable fineliners, Copic : Ciao alcohol markers (chisel + brush tips) in 144 colours, Posca pens: acrylic paint in a marker, full ranges in 1, 3, 5, 8mm and broad, Sakura: Pigma micron Permanent pigment ink Fineliners, Tomboy: watersoluble markers (fine and brush tips), in 96 colours, Winsor & Newton: watercolour pigment paint in a marker, in 36 colours, Zig : Permanent pigment ink Fine & Chisel + Scroll & Brush in 24 colours each
Want to know more about our markers? Please scroll down…
(PS Products’ descriptions will be followed by BB for Byron Bay / BA for Ballina or M for Mullumbimby to indicate availability in those stores. BB alone stands for available only in Byron Bay.)
- Copic : M /BB/BA Permanent pigment ink Fineliners and refillable fineliners are also compatible with our Copic Ciao markers. These dry water-proof – the ink will not bleed with water after the pen line has completely dried and come in nine nib sizes… all pretty fine (0.03mm to 1.0) and include a couple of brush- tipped ones in Medium and Small.
- Copic : M /BB/BA Ciao alcohol markers (with dual chisel + brush tips) in 144 colours are refillable and the most economical entry point into quality alcohol markers.
Copic developed quality alcohol markers for the Japanese manga industry but these are ideal for all styles of art, design, illustration, and crafts. Durable, refillable, and featuring replaceable nibs, they are both permanent and non-toxic. Their unique, flexible brush allows for smooth blends and paint-like application. The alcohol based inks are easy to blend and dry acid free. Also, the open time on uncoated papers is limitless, so you can go back and re-wet the ink years later!
- Posca pens: M /BB/BA acrylic paint in a marker, full ranges in 1, 3, 5, 8mm and broad
The ink is waterproof (yes! perfect to drawn on your surfboard!), fade resistant, non toxic and has a growing list of happy colours –including a few glittering ones. Poscas’ can be used on virtually anything metal, wood, glass, plastic, plaster, canvas BUT they are removable on glass which makes them super practical to sell your van at the end of the surfing season!
- Sakura Pigma micron M /BA/BB Permanent pigment ink Fineliners
These were invented by Sakura over 25 years ago who discovered who to reduce pigment particles to a submicron size allowing them for the first time to produce markers with pigment inks as opposed to low-grade dye inks as had been the case until then. They are still a lot of drawers’ favorite so we stock them too no, in all sizes.
- Tomboy: M /BB/BA watersoluble markers (fine and brush tips), in 96 colours
With their flexible brush tip which works like a paint brush and fine tip on the other end to make neat lines, Tomboys are pretty fun to play with… especially that having a water-based ink makes them blendable on paper but even on the tips of one another. You can also dip them in water and turn them into a virtual watercolour… lots of YouTube videos if you have an interest!
- Winsor & Newton: B only watercolour pigment paint in a marker, in 36 colours
You won’t find another marker quite like these ones. Blending varies depending on the paper you use, but they’re designed to make gorgeous washes when combined with water. Because they have dual nibs, you can also use them for fine detail and sweeping line thicknesses but I have found the lines difficult to rewet… which can have it’s advantages!
- Zig : Permanent pigment ink Fine & Chisel + Scroll & Brush in 24 colours each B only Both these markers use a water-based ink that will not bleed and is photo-safe. Acid-free, lightfast, odorless, and Xylene-free, Zig markers are waterproof and of archival quality.
Fine & Chisel markers has a 0.5mm tip on one end perfect for writing or any journaling project and also includes a 3.5mm chisel tip, which is ideal for the advanced calligrapher.
Scroll & Brush is at one end an offset tip producing scroll writing with a thick and a thin line. At the other end is a flexible brush for more freehand work. Use the brush tip to block in color
Please Note: Any dual tipped markers must be stored in a horizontal position, if they are not positioned correctly this will result in one of the tips becoming dry and unusable.